PayPal business accounts allow you to set up separate logins with restricted access to the account. So for example, you need to have someone who can send invoices and issue refunds, but isn’t allowed to send money.
The accounts have separate passwords from the master account. Changing the password for one of these subaccounts is simpler than for the master account, but the process isn’t completely obvious if you don’t know what all the icons mean. (This was accurate at the time it was written, but user interfaces do change.)
- Login to PayPal.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click on the gear icon.
- From the menu, click “Your Profile.”
- In the “Password” row, click “Update”
- Enter the current password in the “Confirm your current password” field.
- Enter the new password twice (once for confirmation)
- Click the “Change Password” button.